Saturday, April 30, 2011

Aaam Panna

 I love Mangoes. Now who does not isnt  it?  I had been to my best friend's farm, and my daughter got to pluck mangoes.  They grow most of the varieties of mangoes in their farm, and they showered so much of love on us, that it was hard to take leave of them.Anyways the mangoes still needed a month to ripen. Hence she plucked only Totapuri  mangoes, which are sweet and sour. My husband loves totapuri, he is little partial to its sourness. I hate anything sour. Hence when my friend's mom, packed off fresh king size totapuri  from the tree, I was little worried that I should not be wasting it. So now the mammoth  task of using them before they spoil, made me think of recipes .Since it was given with so much  of love,  I dint want to share it with anyone also. So here is my first reciepe  "Aaam Panna"in which I used 3 gaint sized totapuris.

Totapuri Mango -3
Water- 1 1/2  liter
Black salt- 2 tsp.
Jeera powder -1/2 tsp
Pepper powder -1/4 tsp(optional)
Sugar -200 gms

Method:
  • Wash the Totapuri  mangoes and boil them with around a liter and half drinking water in the pressure cooker.
  • Keep the flame medium, and let it cook upto 3 whistles.
  • After the cooker cools, remove the peel of the raw mangoes and throw away the seeds .
  • Pour the  water in which the mangoes were cooked  in a separate vessel, do not throw it.
  • Now take pulp of the mango, and puree it in the blender.
  • Mix this pulp into the cooked water which was kept aside.
  • Add blak salt , sugar, jeera and pepper powder to it, and stir well to mix.
  • Adjust by adding more water if u want a thinner consistency.
  • Adjust sugar, salt, jeera, pepper also, depending on how khatta meeta you want it to taste.
  • Chill and serve.
  • This stores well up to a month in the fridge, if it remains that is.
 I felt I was in Heaven  when  I was sipping  Aaam Panna, and reading  a book in my Balcony.






No comments:

Post a Comment